Friday, May 21, 2010

Essential Oils: Why KC Smells So Good

Posted by: KC McCorriston


(This really happened!)

While waiting in line to get into a local music show, the lady in front of me stops, she turns to me and takes a step closer. She puts her head close to me and takes a big smell. "You. Smell. Delicious. Hey Dale!" she shouts to the person in front of her, "come smell this girl!" She turns to me, "Your smell makes me happy." At this moment I happened to be wearing my new oil from Young Living called Joy. Joy is a fragrance that just so happens to be designed to create a sense of togetherness and be uplifting to the heart. From that point on I needed to learn more about oils.

Young Living is a conscious company that makes therapeutic grade oils. (youngliving.org/balancingcenter) These oils work on three levels:

1. Smell is the only sense that goes directly to your brain without going through your mind and your thought process.
2. They work physiologically, opening up receptor sites by knocking off toxins and other things that block receptors.
3. Putting on an oil is the action of a thought or feeling. For example if I'm stressed I put on Lavendar. It helps calm me down and reminds my heart and head that I am trying to calm down. Everytime I smell it, I remember my intention.

There are many different kinds of oils with different purposes. A few I use frequently: peppermint for stimulation and alertness (or just a general refresh), valor for strength and protection, lavendar for calming, relaxation, and small cuts, bruises, or burns, and a few other oils just because I love they way they smell! I guess strangers, especially those waiting for a concert, like the way they smell, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your commment below: