Monday, June 21, 2010

Your Body's Signals: What is it Trying to Say?

Posted by: Kc McCorriston

Our body tells us what it needs, mostly we just have to learn how to listen and understand those signals. Many people find that after coming to The Balancing Center their body awareness grows. They find themselves more in tune with the needs and desires of the body and what to do to fill those needs. One thing that some people become more in tune with is when their neck is out of alignment. People can experience many different signals for when this happens including: clumsiness, jaw clenching, discomfort, etc. It is very fascinating to see the different signals people receive. I know for one patient, she finds nervous habits (biting her cheek and biting her nails) that come up when her neck is out. For me, I know I experience signals on a mental level: irritation, lack of patience, and overall cloudiness. It's amazing how after an adjustment I feel like my feet are back on the ground and I can see things more clearly. One way to become more in touch with your body is by doing meditation, here is one meditation I found particularly useful: http://meditation-relaxation.suite101.com/article.cfm/body_awareness_meditation. It's a process to learn how to listen to our bodies and interpret signals, but in the end it is one of the most rewarding relationships to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your commment below: