Monday, April 26, 2010

Every Drop Counts

Post By: KC McCorriston

"If I wasn't well hydrated the day before my stroke, I would've never survived," she told me. She told me what it was like to have a stroke, how she was in her apartment for three days alone, and how if it weren't for water and her overall healthy lifestyle, she would've died. Sometimes we need to be reminded that we are human bodies made mostly of water, and that it is important to remember to drink water and stay hydrated. Our hydration levels are directly related to our lungs (which use many cups of water just while breathing!), skin health, fatgiue levels, sleep patterns, digestion, clarity of mental thought, weight, and so much more! The amount of water we need isn't as clear cut as eight cups a day. It can depend on how much we exercise, our environment, and our health conditions. It's always a good idea to ask the doctors if there are any questions and figure out how water will support the health of your body! After talking to my friend about her stroke, I gave her a hug, thanked her, and poured us both a glass of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your commment below: